Coin-Op Shower Timer | US Quarter/ CAN Quarter
- Timer Type: US Quarter/Canadian Quarter
- Construction Material: 16 Gauge Cold Rolled Steel
- Finish: Scratch Resistant Powder Coated Paint
- Finish: Coin Entry & Coin Return Cup are made of polished chrome
- Height: 11.75"
- Overall Height with Coin Acceptor: 14"
- Overall Width: 7.31"
- Overall Depth: 3.82"
- Mounting: 0.25" Diameter Hole for up to #10 Screws
- Temperature: -40 degrees to 149 degrees
- Humidity: 95% Relative non-condensing
- No. of Coins to Vend: 1 to 7 (Adjustable via DIP Switches)
- Min./Max. Time: 5 Seconds/ 1 Hour 14 Minutes 5 Seconds
- Coins Inserted During Vend Add Additional Time
Coin-Op Timer Electrical Information
- UL Recognized: UL File # E224248
- Input Voltage: Available in 115 VAC, 220 VAC, 12 VDC, 24 VAC Models
- 24 Volt timers have a MAXIMUM input of 25.5 Volt AC
- Power Consumption: 3.7 Watts Max.
- Switch Input: 25 Millisecond Min. ON, 30 Millisecond Min. OFF
- Switched Output Voltage: Same as the input Voltage
- Requires a Ground Fault Circuit Breaker (GFCI)
- CAUTION: Timer is NOT Waterproof. Do NOT Expose Timer to Direct Water Contact
- Timer must be wired by a licensed electrician.
Coin-Op Timer Features
- Coin Mechanism, Cash Box (Holds Approximately 600 Coins), and Solid State Timer
- Round Barrel Key Lock for Extra Security
- Corrosion Resistant Body
- Easy to set DIP Switch control
Coin-Op Timer Uses
- Outdoor Showers
- Control Floodlights
- Billiard Lights
- Air Conditioners
- Air Compressors
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Can I bypass this coin timer during the off months to allow for free showers without removing the coin timer completely?
Yes, you can. To do so you will need to open your coin timer and look at the dipswitch panel. On the top right of the panel there is a red wire plugged into the bottom terminal, simply remove this red wire and plug it into the top terminal and this will allow you to keep your coin timers in tact while allowing customers to enjoy showers at no cost. You can find a complete diagram here.
*** Please note, this terminal is always "HOT", so make sure the power to the timer is terminated while moving this wire, OR wear rubber insulated gloves.
Does this coin-op shower timer come with a warranty?
This coin timer does come standard with a 1 year warranty.
Do these coin timers come equipped with a warning buzzer when the time is running down?
Unfortunately, the standard "black box" timers do not come equipped with a warning buzzer or a warning light.
Is this coin timer hardwired?
Yes, this coin timer is hard wired and needs to be installed by a licensed electrician. You can find the electrical diagram here. (Please note; this diagram is illustrated for the 120V coin timer, however the process is the same regardless of the voltage.)
I want to change the type of coins my coin timer accepts, is that possible?
If the coin timer was previously purchased form us, it is very possible to update the coin mechanism to accept a new coin. Feel free to give our office a call and we'd be happy to assist you. We can be reached at 1-866-352-6652.
How do I adjust the time allotted per coin on this coin timer?
The coin-timer is easily adjusted by the dipswitch mechanism on the inside of the coin timer. Here is a diagram of the dipswitch mechanism that clearly illustrates how to use the dipswitch mechanism.
Is a solenoid required to operate this coin timer?
Yes. A coin timer only accepts coins and sends a signal. In order for the water to actually flow, a solenoid valve must be installed on the outlet pipe. The solenoid valve will receive the electrical signal from the coin timer to release water flow.
How do I determine what voltage coin timer I should choose?
It is best to consult with a licensed electrician to determine the best coin timer for your facility. It also may be helpful to determine your current electrical voltage in your establishment and go with that voltage. For instance, if you are currently running 115V power in your shower room, you would install a 115V coin-timer. However, an electrician may recommend a lower voltage timer with a transformer, so it is best to have a licensed electrician inspect your facility prior to purchasing or installing any electrical unit.
Is this coin timer waterproof?
This coin timer is not waterproof, but it is water resistent. We do not recommend putting this directly in water. It is best to place the coin timer right outside the shower stall.
Is this coin timer made in America?
Yes, this coin timer is made in America.